How to winterize an Intex above-ground pool?
Winterizing your above-ground pool is a great way to protect your investment. We all love our Intex pools, but when winter hits, it’s time to take some extra steps to ensure that the pool gets through winter in one piece. This article will explain what you need to do and how to winterize an Intex above-ground pool.
What is Above Ground Pool Winterizing?
It is a simple process that will help to protect your pool from the harsh winter weather. The first step is to drain all of the water out of it and clean it thoroughly, then replace that water with fresh, clean water before storing it for the season.
When you’re ready to open up again next spring, simply reverse these steps: add more chlorine into your pool until there is enough for proper maintenance (this usually means adding about 1 lb per 10k gallons), fill it up with fresh water, turn on any filters or pumps if applicable and enjoy!
Intex pool equipment
- Winterizing an intex above ground pool is a simple process that requires you to do the following:
- Take out your filter, pump and any other accessories. If you’re not sure how to do this, consult the user manual or watch our video on how to winterize an intex swimming pool.
- Clean all parts of your pool equipment with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly before storing them away for next year’s use.
So, how to winterize an Intex Above Ground Pool?
Winterizing an above ground pool is quite easy. However, it is important to do so in order to ensure that your pool will not crack or damage during the winter season. You can follow these steps below:
1. Treat the water in your pool
- Add a winterizing chemical to your pool.
- Use a pool cover to protect it from the elements and prevent evaporation.
- Do not leave your above ground pool uncovered when you’re not using it–you’ll want to make sure that there’s water in the filter at all times so it doesn’t rust out, which can cause serious damage or even death.
- How long should you keep these chemicals in place? It depends on what kind of chemicals you’re using; consult with an expert if necessary!
3. Disconnect the hoses and drain them
- Drain the water from your pool by disconnecting and draining the hoses.
- Clean any debris out of both ends of each hose, then store them in a dry place for winter use (such as an empty cardboard box or tarp).
4. Remove the filter and store it inside
- Remove the filter from your pool and clean it with a garden hose.
- Rinse off all debris and dirt, then store it indoors to keep it dry.
- Don’t store the filter in a damp place or one that gets cold temperatures.
- Store your pool pump inside as well if possible, but don’t leave it outside if there’s any chance of rain during the winter months; moisture can damage its internal parts and make them less efficient next summer when you’re ready to use them again!
How to prepare your above-ground swimming pool for winter storage?
Before you begin, make sure that your pool is clean and clear of debris. Remove all leaves, twigs and other debris from the bottom of your above-ground pool as well as any algae stains or biofilm that may have accumulated on its walls during the summer months. You should also check for any sharp objects in or around your pool such as broken glass or toys that could damage its liner if left behind during storage.
Remove all hoses from their connections at both ends of the filter pump unit (if applicable) so they do not freeze together when left outside overnight before storing them indoors out of direct sunlight where they will stay warmer than outside temperatures over winter months until next year’s opening day arrives again!
Remove winter cover(s) from top sides by untying ropes/straps connecting them together first then pulling gently upwards offtop edge using large towel wrapped around hand(s) holding onto rope loops located near each corner hole opening up access underneath; place somewhere safe away from pets/children who might tear holes into them accidentally while playing around outdoors with friends later on down
Tip: how to winterize an Intex above-ground pool?
Winter is the time when you can enjoy swimming and playing in the water. However, if you do not winterize your above ground pool, it will be unusable for most of the year.
So what is actually winterizing? It is a process that helps you protect your pool from freezing temperatures and other damages caused by harsh weather conditions. It involves draining out water from your swimming pool so that it doesn’t freeze during cold weather. In addition to draining out all of its contents, this process also involves cleaning all parts of your above ground swimming pool before storing them away until next summer arrives again.
In last, how to winterize an Intex above ground pool? Winter is coming, and with it comes colder weather. It’s important to prepare your swimming pool for the colder season by taking some steps before winter hits.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.